Maps are a key-value storage built into the load balancer. They simplify HAProxy configurations by giving you the ability to do fast lookups based on an input. Although maps are a core building block of HAProxy, many users have yet to unlock their full potential.
In this webinar we will demonstrate how to:
- Define maps and load them into HAProxy
- Use converters to transform inputs
- Edit existing map files by hand or dynamically with tools like the HAProxy Enterprise lb-update module
- Create pseudo APIs for updating maps by using the http-request set-map directive
- Learn real-world examples of when to use a map
Afterwards, participate in the Q&A section were we’ll cover more specific use cases.