Last modified: October 18, 2017
This Policy describes how we collect, use, transfer, and safeguard information about you and your options regarding accessing or modifying such information. You accept and agree to this Policy when you visit a website on which this Policy is posted, create a HAProxy account, or interact with HAProxy’s online and off-line services (collectively, our “Services”).
Throughout this Policy we use the terms “personal information” and “PII” to describe information that can be associated with a specific natural person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information or PII to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it does not identify a specific natural person. If you give us PII on behalf of someone else (or someone else gives us PII on your behalf), the person providing the PII must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided to HAProxy.
HAProxy Technologies LLC adheres to principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability when in receipt of personal information.
If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your personal information, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
If you have a question or complaint about the processing of your personal information, please contact us at the contact details provided below. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of personal information within 30 days of receiving your complaint.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
If you are from certain territories (such as the European Union) you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information, such as the right to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you. If personal information you have submitted to us is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Upon appropriate request we will update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
How We Collect Information
We collect information from you in the following ways:
We may collect information from you, or someone acting on your behalf, when you interact with the Services. For example, you provide information to us when you:
- create accounts for Services,
- initiate or complete a transaction,
- click on our advertising,
- elect to receive marketing or technical communications,
- complete a survey,
- receive customer support,
- purchase, download, or register to use products, or
- apply for a job.
To find out more about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies, go to www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine other information as defined above with personal information that you submit.
We sometimes obtain personal information from other sources, such as through mergers and acquisitions with other companies as well as through commercial arrangements with data brokers, business partners, and other sources. For example, a third party may provide us with your age, gender, or zip code. Information we receive from a third party is subject to your agreement with such third party. We may merge information we receive from third parties with information we have collected or will collect.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us directly
You, or others acting on your behalf, may provide us with the following information:
- your name, age, gender, physical address, email address, and phone number,
- the products and services you purchase, download or register to use and their value,
- payment currency and invoicing requirements,
- responses to survey and marketing questions,
- user preferences, product interests, communication choices, and other customer profile information, and
- your resume or CV, references and background check information.
Information collected automatically
- Internet Protocol Address,
- Browser type,
- Browser language,
- Operating system (of computer and mobile devices),
- User preferences,
- Screen resolution,
- Application identifiers,
- Traffic identifiers,
- Device type, identifiers or capabilities,
- HAProxy Account,
- Referring site (site you visited before coming to our site),
- Date and time,
- URL and content of pages visited or requested,
- Other browsing behavior, such as products and white papers downloaded,
- ISPs, and
- User Agents
We may use location detection technology to determine your approximate location.
As of the date of publication of this Policy, we use Google Analytics and Hubspot to collect and process certain analytics data, although we may switch analytics providers in the future. Google provides some additional privacy options described at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. You may contact us at email@example.com with questions regarding privacy options available with our current analytics providers.
When you use our Services we may automatically collect and store certain information in activity logs such as:
- Details of how you used our Services, such as your search queries,
- Internet protocol address,
- Content on the website viewed by you, and
- Page views within our Services.
Many internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. Currently, there is no consensus on the meaning of “Do Not Track” or similar signals, and the Services have no mechanism to respond to such a signal.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information we collect to conduct our business and improve our Services, develop new products and services, provide information and support for Services, better understand your needs and interests, personalize communications and advertising, and generally promote a quality experience for users of the Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you,
- Customize the content, products, and services that are offered to you,
- Contact you with information about HAProxy and third parties,
- Process, fulfill, and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, and information,
- Create and maintain your HAProxy account and record your support requests and other interactions with HAProxy,
- Engage in market research and analysis,
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our Services, and our advertising and marketing,
- Consider your employment application,
- Comply with legal requirements,
- Enforce our agreements, or
- Deter, detect, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
We may link information we collect from multiple sources to provide better service to you, customize offers that may interest you, and to improve the Services.
How We Share and Disclose Information
We may share or disclose your information as follows:
- To corporate affiliates including any corporate entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with HAProxy Technologies LLC,
- To our partners, agents, service providers, and suppliers who are using your information on our behalf and/or in connection with an actual or potential transaction,
- Based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity,
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law,
- To an acquiring entity in the event that HAProxy or any of its assets are acquired or to a surviving entity in the event that HAProxy or any of its assets are involved in a merger,
- When posted by you or an authorized third party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments, and
- To other third parties for purposes to which you have allowed or consented.
If you are sending us personal data originating from the European Economic Area and wish to execute standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Data to Processors (as approved by the European Commission), we will, upon your request, provide and execute such standard contractual clauses.
Use of our Services is only available to individuals who are of legal age to contract in their applicable jurisdiction. Services are not directed to children under 16 years of age. If that policy changes, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 16.
How to Contact Us
HAProxy Technologies LLC
375 Totten Pond Road, Suite 302
Waltham, MA 02451
Changes to this Policy
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant or reduce your rights in any material manner, we will provide a more prominent notice. We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.