Software Quality Assurance Manager
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely-used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability and security at any scale and in any environment. HAProxy Technologies is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with multiple offices across the US and Europe.
About The Team
We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. In order to meet our ambitious goals, we need to scale our quality assurance efforts to accommodate our growing product lines and customers. The quality assurance team is responsible for ensuring efficient and reliable software and services that powers our products. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to help establish our quality processes and build a software quality assurance team.
What you will do in this role:
The Software Quality Assurance Manager’s primary role is the growth of our quality assurance process and team.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain talent. Invest and develop teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings, set objectives, and gather feedback with QA engineers to ensure alignment and support their career growth.
- Process: Maintain visibility and efficiency while collaborating with other teams and product managers. Contribute to strategic programs and initiatives with fellow management teams.
- Technical Growth: Expand your team’s expertise and performance while promoting best practices for documentation, testing, integration and overall coverage. Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing a comprehensive quality program including test regression, functional and non-functional strategies for complex engineering projects working in an agile environment.
- Delivery and Accountability: Ensure delivery and high-quality standards for the team while partnering with Product Management and Development terms. Your deliverables will directly affect customer outcomes and opportunities, while ensuring accountability and transparency within your team.
What you will bring to this role:
A process-oriented manager who will invest in people and teams to define a culture of execution and delivery.
- A degree or technical diploma in the software development or related field
- 5+ years of professional software quality assurance experience
- Experience in defining and implementing a comprehensive quality assurance process with the entire software development lifecycle in mind, from ideation to deployment on production. Proven experience in building quality assurance teams
- Excellent leadership skills, able to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex releases
- Solid Test Automation experience. Demonstrable ability to create/run existing automated test cases (e.g. Gherkin / Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Postman, Cypress.io, etc.).
- Familiarity with test management tools (TestRail for test cases) and any integration with project management tools like GitLab, Jira or Confluence and tools for continuous development-test-deploy cycles
- High-level appreciation of CI/CD tools and DevOps process; experience with GitLab CI/CD a plus
- A solid understanding of BDD, TDD and the ability to efficiently communicate with management and other stakeholders within the organization (SDM, Architects, Documentation/Technical Writers, PM,…)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures or OpenAPI specification is a plus
- Experience with container technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working with SaaS products
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.