Software Engineer (Golang)
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely-used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability and security at any scale and in any environment. HAProxy Technologies is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with multiple offices across the US and Europe.
About The Team
We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. In order to meet our ambitious goals, we need to scale our software engineering teams to accommodate our growing product lines and customers. The software engineering team is responsible for providing efficient and reliable software and services that power our products. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our software engineering team.
What you will do in this role:
The Software Engineer’s primary role is to use the latest tools and technologies to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications that meet our company’s needs.
- Process Oriented: Participate in the complete lifecycle of software development including prototyping, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support. Solid understanding of software engineering practices, industry guidelines and CI/CD fundamentals.
- Passionate: A self-starter who has a passion for technology and the ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code. Mindful of solutions that emphasize performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Accountability: Strive for continuous improvement, embrace change, feedback, quick iterations, and embrace failure in order to learn from mistakes.
- Communication: Liaise with peer developers, designers and product owners to identify requirements that affect scope, schedule, and quality. Ability to present status during weekly stand ups or management meetings.
What you will bring to this role:
An experienced contributor with a track record of execution and delivery in a software development environment.
- University degree or college diploma in a Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years proven Golang development work experience
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Knowledge of various Golang frameworks and tools
- Familiarity with microservices/service oriented architecture (tools and technologies for messaging/observability, REST API, containerization, etc.)
- Expertise with Postgres or other RDBMS
- Experience of web services and caching mechanisms
- Experience developing and deploying in Linux/Unix-based environments
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Good oral and written communications skills in English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to details & deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance organization
- Experience with OpenAPI specification is a plus
- Understanding of networking protocols TCP/HTTP/TLS is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructures and container technologies i.e. AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with HAProxy or other SaaS products is a plus
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.