Work for HAProxy Technologies
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. HAProxy Enterprise is already an integral piece of the world’s top tech companies with its enterprise class features, services and premium support. HAProxy One, our newest product line, will deliver modern websites and applications with the utmost performance, security and observability at any scale regardless of the environment.
About The Team
In order to meet our ambitious goals, we need to scale our network engineering teams to accommodate our growing product lines and customers. The network engineering team is responsible for providing efficient, reliable and resilient networking infrastructure for our products and customers. The networking team currently manages 16 points of presence (POPs) around the world and we are continuously growing. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals with a Whatever It Takes attitude.
The Network Engineer’s primary duty will be to assist in the expansion and maintenance of our global network.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Enhance our documentation and knowledge base of solutions.
- Work with ISPs, datacenter providers and vendors on a regular basis
- Work with other infrastructure teams to troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance
- Participate in lifecycle upgrades
- Participate in Data Center migrations and deployments of new POPs
- Provide feedback and assist in the development/testing/optimization of our network.
- Participate in our on-call rotation
An engineer with a service-minded attitude that is comfortable with learning new technologies, problem solving and collaborating with other teams.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix-based environments and scripting.
- Strong foundation in networking technologies.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Basic understanding of Juniper’s JunOS (MX, EX, QFX, SRX, PTX)
- Experienced in a multi-tenant environment (ISP, Data Centers, Service Provider/Data Center Operator)
- Deep understanding of the OSI model
- Experience with radius server management and configuration
- Soft Skills (collaboration, positive interaction with peer teams, ability to interact with customers, …)
- The successful candidate will participate in an on-call rotation for after hours support
- Evening and weekend work may be required (scheduled in advance)
- CCNP/CCIE or JNCIP/JNCIE certifications are a plus
- Network Automation knowledge
- Experience with networking in Cloud based architectures: AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States or Canada. We offer multiple rotations, however 9-5 EST or PST is in high demand.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.