Product Marketing Manager
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely-used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability and security at any scale and in any environment. HAProxy Technologies is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with multiple offices across the US and Europe.
About The Team
We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. In order to meet our ambitious goals, we are searching for a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team to promote our products and their features to our target audience. We are looking for eager individuals to join our team!
We believe that the best way to help prospects and customers discover and evaluate our solutions is to show that we understand their priorities and challenges; present clear and accurate information about our products and how they make things better for our customers; and make our technology and vision stand out from the competition.
You will work to understand the target audience and their pain points, then link our unique value proposition and competitive differentiators to position us for market growth.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of application delivery and the tools DevOps pros are likely to use day-to-day, but also have the skill to break down complex topics for a wider audience. The role is a great fit for experienced product marketers, as well as sales engineers and technologists looking to broaden their marketing skills and help define the way our products are positioned and sold. Curiosity and the ability to absorb new knowledge will be vital. The candidate should also bring strong English writing and verbal skills.
What you will do in this role:
The Product Marketing Manager’s primary role will be to create content for both internal and external consumption.
- Develop, edit and review compelling product content in various forms. The content forms can include launch or product feature blog posts, website copy, whitepapers, emails, and other relevant product content.
- Co-ordinate go-to-market launch content for new products and new versions.
- Develop thought-leadership content that positions our products and our emerging technologies as influential and significant with the industry.
- Become an expert with our product features, use cases, and differentiators, with the option to specialize deeply in one product area.
- Craft content for the sales team including brochures, data sheets, playbooks, and slide presentations.
- Develop messaging for each of our product and solution offerings and, where relevant, for tradeshows that we attend.
- Conduct market research on our competition that focuses on their marketing strategies, content and products.
- Research industry trends and help keep our products relevant.
- Ensure that our product content aligns with our target audience.
- Assist with planning and reporting as needed.
- Help create and maintain competitive analysis.
- Incorporate SEO strategies into your copy.
- Work collaboratively with the team to develop multimedia content like videos and podcasts.
What you will bring to this role:
- University degree (or college diploma)
- 5+ years experience as a product marketing manager or similar role combining technical and communications skills
- Technology company experience is preferred
- Practical experience working with Development, DevOps, Engineering, Networking, Security, or Software/Cloud/Solution Architecture
- Excellent writing & editing skills
- English proficiency is a must
- Proven writing experience including a portfolio of published work
- Experience writing with SEO keywords
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace (Google Docs, etc.)
- Ability to work in fast-paced, global remote work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to details & deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance organization
- Experience working in an agile project management environment.
- Experience working with cyber security and load balancing products.
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States, Canada and the UK.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.