The release notes give you an overview of the what’s new, updated, and removed in this version of HAProxy Kubernetes Ingress Controller.
About this release
Key changes in the HAProxy Kubernetes Ingress Controller 1.10 release include:
- Upgraded HAProxy
- New Docker image tags
- Dropped support for Beta versions of Ingress
- Matching of CPU quotas
- Partial support for Gateway API (TCPRoute)
What’s new, improved and removed
- This version upgrades to HAProxy 2.7 as the underlying load balancer engine.
Docker image tags
- The haproxytech/kubernetes-ingress Docker image now has major.minor version tags, such as 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10 so that users can more easily pin their deployment to a specific version.
Dropped support for Beta versions of Ingress
- We no longer support the deprecated Kubernetes APIs
networking.k8s.io/v1beta1on Ingress resources. Instead, use
Matching of CPU quotas
- The ingress controller now sets its GOMAXPROCS variable to match the match the Linux container’s CPU quota, providing better performance.
Gateway API (TCPRoute)
- Added support for the TCPRoute resource in Gateway API. This provides a new way of routing TCP traffic, as an alternative to the
Next upInstallation guide