HAProxy Enterprise Edition (HAPEE) is a version of the open-source HAProxy Load Balancer that features additional modules, supported third-party components, and technical support. It also backports all bug fixes.
HAPEE includes the following components:
- HAProxy load balancer (hapee-lb)
- ACL update module (lb-update)
- Security Modules: Antibot, Fingerprint, Sanitize, WAF Offloader
- Stick table aggregator
- Real time dashboard
- Third-party components (RHI, SNMP, and VRRP)
- Perform system tuning
- Tune your system to handle high traffic levels (if required)
- Configure VRRP
- Implement the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (if required)
- Configure HAPEE-LB
- Consult the documentation set for the HAProxy load-balancer (HAPEE-LB) to guide you through the workings of this core component
- Configure SNMP
- Install and configure the SNMP daemon for HAPEE (if required)
- Configure RHI
- Implement Route Health Injection (if required)
- Enable HAPEE daemons on startup
- Use HAPEE services and daemons with init and systemd
- Perform health checks
- Configure and perform health checks for your server services
- Configure TLS
- Configure HAPEE for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Rewrite HTTP requests, methods, or headers
- Change a request as it moves between the client and the backends transparently
- Redirect HTTP requests
- Send 3xx redirects to clients
- Log format rules
- Customize the log format
- Generate alerts
- Configure event-based alerts
- Fetch data samples
- Extract data from traffic streams, client or server information, tables, environmental information, etc.
- Set up ACLs
- Provide a flexible access solution based on content extracted from the request, the response, or any environmental status
- Compress HTTP traffic
- Compress the body of a response before it is forwarded to a client
Configuration API Reference
HAPEE has a configuration API that you can access either via the command line or a restful interface in order to add or modify the HAProxy configuration.
HAPEE Load Balancer Documentation (1.7r1)
This documentation set covers HAPEE-LB, the core load-balancing component of HAPEE. It contains the following guides:
- Configuration Manual
- A reference guide with details on all configuration keywords and their options. Use this guide when you need to change a configuration.
- Starter Guide
- This guide explains the basics of load balancing and the HAProxy product.
- Management Guide
- This guide describes the regular operation and management of HAProxy.