HAProxy Trademark Policy
This HAProxy Trademark Policy (“Policy”) identifies trademarks owned by HAProxy Technologies LLC and its affiliated entities, including HAProxy Technologies SAS (collectively, “HAProxy,” “we,” “us” or “our”), and sets forth our policy and guidelines relating to use of trademarks owned by us. Trademarks are referred to as trademarks or marks in this Policy. We may release new versions of this Policy from time to time without notice.
HAProxy® is a registered trademark in the United States and France.
HAProxy owns the following additional marks and logos:
Aloha Virtual Appliance ™
This Policy enables HAProxy to ensure that its trademarks remain reliable indicators of the source and quality of HAProxy products and services as well as enables community members to discuss the projects with which HAProxy products and services are associated.
A trademark provides the owner with an exclusive right to authorize or control the use of the mark. Your right to use a mark of HAProxy is provided for in this policy and in the statement of permitted use, if any, that may accompany the trademark notice displayed on the website dedicated to the project. A copyright license, even an open source copyright license, does not include an implied right or license to use a trademark that may be related to the project developing the licensed software or other materials. Your right to use any specific trademark of HAProxy is not determined by your use of software made available under an open source license. Your right to use a mark is conditioned upon conforming to other requirements that are directly related to the qualities that the specific mark has been created to preserve.
Proper use of the trademarks of HAProxy by following these guidelines protects the value of such trademarks. Any use of or reference to HAProxy trademarks that is inconsistent with this trademark policy, or use of marks that are confusingly similar to trademarks of HAProxy, is prohibited. All uses of HAProxy’s trademarks, and all goodwill associated therewith, will inure solely to the benefit of HAProxy.
- Do not use our marks as a verb or noun. Our marks should be used only as an adjective followed by the generic noun.
- Do not use our marks in the plural or possessive form.
- Do not alter or amend our marks in any way. Our marks should not be combined with any other mark, hyphenated, abbreviated or displayed in parts. Our marks consisting of two or more words should not be compressed into one word. Our logos should not be displayed with color variations, or with other elements superimposed on top of the logo.
- Do not use our marks as your domain name or as part of your domain name.
- Do not use our marks as part of your product name.
- Do not incorporate our marks into your company’s logos or designs.
- Do include our mark on the most prominent or first appearance of each of our mark.
- Do not change our trademark.
- Do not use our marks in a manner that would disparage us or our projects, including in untruthful advertising or false or misleading promotional materials.
- Do not use our marks on the cover of a book or magazine without written permission from us.
- Do not indicate that your product or service is certified by HAProxy unless you have received express authorization from HAProxy for such use.
- Do not use our marks more prominently than your own company, product or service name.
- Do not use our marks on posters, brochures, signs, websites, or other marketing materials to promote your events, products or services without written permission from us.
- Do not attempt to claim or assert any ownership rights in ours mark and do not attempt to register any of our marks as a trademark, trade name, domain name, or “doing business as” name, alone or (unless specifically licensed) in combination with your own trademarks.
If you are unsure about whether a mark of HAProxy is registered in your country, please contact us for additional guidance as to what trademark symbol you should use.
You may have legal rights to use our marks, often referred to as “fair use” rights. We do not intend to restrict those rights. Fair use does not permit you to state or imply that we produce, endorse, or support your company, products, or services. Even when making fair use of our marks, you should acknowledge us as the owner of the trademark with a trademark notice.
Do not use our marks in any commercial or marketing context other than as expressly permitted in this policy unless you have obtained explicit written permission from us.
As long as you comply with this Policy, you may use our marks
- To communicate compatibility or interoperability of software or products.
- Indicate a file name, package name, script, or command line. For example, the following forms are permitted outputs of a system boot up script: « starting the HAProxy load balancer » « Starting service HAProxy, » and “Please update the HAProxy package. »
- In a public host name if the host name is used to deliver services directly related to the HAProxy open source software project.
Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have questions with respect to this Policy, wish to report concerns regarding the use or misuse of our marks, or want to obtain written permission for a proposed use our marks, please contact us.
HAProxy does not make any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights. We will not be liable for any claims relating to activities falling within the scope of the permissions set forth herein and you hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against any such claims.
This work is inspired by the Linux Foundation Trademarks and Trademark Usage Guidelines. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (“CC BY 4.0”, available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0).