Last modified: September 24th, 2018
We at HAProxy Technologies LLC and our affiliated entities (collectively, “HAProxy”) respect your privacy. The website and the data processor of HAProxy comply notably with European provisions on the protection of privacy and personal data, including the 2016/679 European Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
This Policy describes notably how we collect, use, transfer, and safeguard information about you and your options regarding accessing or modifying such information.
Throughout this Policy we use the terms “Personal Information” and “PII” to describe information that can be associated with a specific natural person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider Personal Information or PII to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it does not identify a specific natural person. If you give us PII on behalf of someone else (or someone else gives us PII on your behalf), the person providing the PII must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided to HAProxy.
The controller of Personal Information is HAProxy, a Limited liability company located 375 Totten Pond Road, Suite 302, Waltham, MA 02451, United States.
You are informed regarding the Policy during the collection of your PII.
HOW WE COLLECT PII
We collect PII from you in the following ways:
We may collect information from you, or someone acting on your behalf, when you interact with the services proposed byHAProxy. For example, you provide PII to us when you:
- create accounts for services,
- initiate or complete a transaction,
- click on our advertising,
- elect to receive marketing or technical communications,
- complete a survey,
- receive customer support,
- purchase, download, or register to use products, or
- apply for a job,
- meet us in trade shows.
To find out more about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies, go to www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine other information as defined above with Personal Information that you submit.
We sometimes obtain Personal Information from other sources, such as through mergers and acquisitions with other companies as well as through commercial arrangements with data brokers, business partners, and other sources. For example, a third party may provide us with your age, gender, or zip code. Information we receive from a third party is subject to your agreement with such third party. We may merge information we receive from third parties with information we have collected or will collect.
PII WE COLLECT
PII provided to us directly
You, or others acting on your behalf, may provide us with the following information:
- your name, age, gender, physical address, email address, and phone number,
- the products and services you purchase, download or register to use and their value,
- payment currency and invoicing requirements,
- responses to survey and marketing questions,
- user preferences, product interests, communication choices, and other customer profile information, and
- your resume or CV, references and background check information.
PII collected automatically
- Internet Protocol Address,
- Browser type,
- Browser language,
- Operating system (of computer and mobile devices),
- User preferences,
- Screen resolution,
- Application identifiers,
- Traffic identifiers,
- Device type, identifiers or capabilities,
- HAProxy Account,
- Referring site (site you visited before coming to our site),
- Date and time,
- URL and content of pages visited or requested,
- Other browsing behavior, such as products and white papers downloaded,
- ISPs, and
- User Agents
We may use location detection technology to determine your approximate location.
As of the date of publication of this Policy, we use Google Analytics and Hubspot to collect and process certain analytics data, although we may switch analytics providers in the future. Google provides some additional privacy options described at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ . You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding privacy options available with our current analytics providers.
When you use our services we may automatically collect and store certain information in activity logs such as:
- Details of how you used our services, such as your search queries,
- Internet protocol address,
- Content on the website viewed by you, and
- Page views within our services.
Many internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. Currently, there is no consensus on the meaning of “Do Not Track” or similar signals, and the Services have no mechanism to respond to such a signal.
HOW WE USE PII WE COLLECT
We use information we collect to conduct our business and improve our services, develop new products and services, provide information and support for services, better understand your needs and interests, personalize communications and advertising, and generally promote a quality experience for users of the services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you,
- Customize the content, products, and services that are offered to you,
- Contact you with information about HAProxy,
- Process, fulfill, and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, and information,
- Create and maintain your HAProxy account and record your support requests and other interactions with HAProxy,
- Engage in market research and analysis,
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our services, and our advertising and marketing,
- Consider your employment application,
- Comply with legal requirements,
- Enforce our agreements, or
- Deter, detect, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
We may link information we collect from multiple sources to provide better service to you, customize offers that may interest you, and to improve the services.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PII
We may share or disclose your PII as follows:
- To corporate affiliates including any corporate entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with HAProxy Technologies LLC,
- To our partners, agents, service providers, and suppliers who are using your information on our behalf and/or in connection with an actual or potential transaction,
- Based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of any person or entity,
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law,
- To an acquiring entity in the event that HAProxy or any of its assets are acquired or to a surviving entity in the event that HAProxy or any of its assets are involved in a merger,
- When posted by you or an authorized third party to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments, and
- To other third parties for purposes to which you have allowed or consented.
This list can be provided at any time on request of the users.
If you are using our services from outside the United States (US), including in the European Economic Area, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to the US pursuant to the Privacy Shield data protection principles.
Moreover, your personal information may be transferred to potentially other countries whose data protection laws may not be as protective as those in your country of residence. If so, we are committed to a compliant transfer under GDPR, notably through Model Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporates Rules implemented with the recipient of data.
Use of our services is only available to individuals who are of legal age to contract in their applicable jurisdiction. Services are not directed to children under 16 years of age. If that policy changes, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 16.
We will retain your Personal Information for the term necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and for a maximum period of 2 years after the collecting of your Personal Information, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your PII, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
If you are from certain territories (such as the European Union) you may have certain rights in relation to your PII, such as :
- the right to access to your PII;
- The right to rectify your PII;
- The right to obtain the deletion of your PII;
- The right to oppose the use of your PII;
- The right to limit your PII;
- A portability right on your PII.
Upon exercise of any of these rights, you must send to HAProxy all elements necessary to your identification: name and possibly mailing address.
If you want to exercise of any of your rights, please contact us at the contact details provided below. HAProxy then agrees to answer within a maximum period of one (1) month following receipt of the complete application. Considering the complexity and number of the requests, this period may be extended by two (2) further months subject to HAProxy to inform you within one month of receipt of the requests of the reasons for the delay.
If HAProxy does not any take action following a request, HAProxy will inform you without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request of the reasons for not taking action.
HOW TO CONTACT US
HAProxy Technologies LLC
375 Totten Pond Road, Suite 302
Waltham, MA 02451
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant or reduce your rights in any material manner, we will provide a more prominent notice. We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.
The validity, performance and interpretation of the Privacy applicable are subject to the US law.