Work for HAProxy Technologies
Work at HAProxy Technologies, the company behind the world’s most widely used software load balancer and application delivery controller.
Trusted by leading cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and serving as the reference load balancer in OpenStack, HAProxy sets the standard for superior application delivery.
Technical Marketing Engineer
The TME must be a technical expert. The TME must have the ability to clearly articulate complex subjects while aligning with the product marketing strategy and messaging.
- Develop compelling product and thought leadership content including web content, blogs, webcasts, eBooks, datasheets, case studies, sales presentations and any other relevant product content
- Create tutorials, troubleshooting guides, quick start guides, and technical white papers with code and configuration samples that showcase new product features or existing capabilities of HAProxy Technologies software, including HAProxy Enterprise, HAProxy ALOHA, HAProxy Kubernetes Ingress Controller, HAProxy Fusion Control Plane, and HAProxy Edge
- Proofread and edit documents written by others, with the ability to test code samples and procedures for accuracy
- Work closely with subject matter experts to identify gaps in our content
- Communicate the value propositions to the sales team and create the sales tools necessary to help move prospects through the sales cycle.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
- Work with the Product team for market and competitive analysis.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- A desire to teach others and to make complex topics simple
- Strong writing skills relevant for blog posts, datasheets, website copy, and other forms of marketing content, with a knack for going beyond the technical details and telling a compelling story
- A love of grammar and the discipline to edit a document until it flows naturally
- The ability to craft messages that fulfill the end user’s needs, while also promoting the company’s goals, messages, and products
- Experience using Linux
- Experience setting up virtual machines and Docker containers
- Familiarity with Git or another version control system, including working with branches, creating merge requests, and resolving merge conflicts
- Hands-on coding experience with a modern programming language such as Go, Lua or Python
- Experience with a structured documentation format such as Markdown or reStructuredText
- Familiarity with the HAProxy load balancer and cloud-native technologies is a plus
Apply for the position
Location: Boston, MA or Remote