Software Engineering Manager
Work for HAProxy Technologies
HAProxy Technologies is the company behind the world’s fastest and most widely used software load balancer. We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. HAProxy Enterprise is already an integral piece of the world’s top tech companies with its enterprise-class features, services and premium support. HAProxy One, our newest product suite, will deliver modern websites and applications with the utmost performance, security and observability at any scale regardless of the environment.
About The Team
In order to meet our ambitious goals, we need to scale our software engineering teams to accommodate our growing product lines and customers. The software engineering team is responsible for providing efficient and reliable software and services that power our products. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to help mentor and guide our software engineering teams.
The Software Engineer Manager’s primary role is people management and the growth of our engineering.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain talent. Invest and develop teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings, set objectives, and gather feedback with engineers to ensure alignment and support of their career growth.
- Process: Maintain visibility and efficiency while collaborating with other development teams and product managers. Contribute to strategic programs and initiatives with fellow engineering management teams.
- Technical Growth: Expand your team’s expertise and performance while promoting re-useability and experimentation. You will not write or review code on a regular basis, but you should be technical enough to earn team trust, facilitate discussions and decisions, and avoid pitfalls.
- Delivery and Accountability: Ensure delivery and high-quality standards for the team while partnering with Product Management. Your deliverables will directly affect customer outcomes and opportunities, while ensuring accountability and transparency within your team.
A process-oriented manager who will invest in people and teams to define a culture of execution and delivery.
- Team development: 5+ years experience building, leading software development teams and managing engineers. Experience with recruiting, hiring, a track record of developing direct reports. Remote team management is a plus.
- Delivery: Solid understanding of software engineering practices, agile development and CI/CD fundamentals.
- Leadership: Strong mentor who emphasizes continuous learning and productive teams. A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and developing process and structure to ensure success.
- Accountability: Strive for continuous improvement, embrace change, feedback, quick iterations, and embrace failure in order to learn from mistakes.
- Communication: Ability to communicate openly and garner trust from team members. Strong feedback skills with an openness to consider different perspectives. You’re comfortable at difficult conversations. You’re proficient in English in verbal and written form.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- A post-secondary degree or technical diploma in the software development field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience managing Golang/Python/C development teams.
- Experience with modern Front End Architectures, VueJs.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures; experience with OpenAPI specification is a plus.
- Experience with container technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working with SaaS products.
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.