Work for HAProxy Technologies
Trusted by leading cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and serving as the reference load balancer in OpenStack, HAProxy sets the standard for superior application delivery.
Senior Pre Sales Engineer
At HAProxy Technologies, we understand that pre-sales engineering is best left to experienced individuals with a proven track record, so we are looking for one! If you want to play a key role in creating and maintaining great relationships with our prospective and existing customers by serving as a bridge between their needs and engineering solutions, read on.
As a Senior Pre Sales Engineer, you will have the opportunity to act as a liaison between customers, sales and engineering, coordinating the process from pre-sales specification creation to implementation engineering. A really good candidate will have a combination of both technical and sales expertise, and an ideal one will be a real ambassador for HAProxy, able to convey passion for the company and product to customers, while providing them with technical solutions.
Manage customer PoC and technical investigations – support our sales and engineering team in designing and delivering solutions based on recognizing customer needs
Work with existing and prospective customers – investigate and understand their business requirements, help choose and tailor optimal solutions, define requirements and oversee delivery
Educate – provide technical presentations, demonstrations, on-site training; create highly technical content (articles, webinars, …)
Engage with HAProxy’s international engineering team regularly
Support customers – manage and lead our customers through the process, providing answers to all of their technical questions, serving as level one support
Knowledge, skills and abilities, required or desirable:
- Experience in engineering, information systems and/or business administration
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience, with a proven track record in sales engineering and technical support
- Load balancing (HAProxy is a plus)
- Linux and open-source software
- HTTP, web servers and associated protocols
- Networking technologies
- An ability to communicate highly technical topics to listeners with a non-technical background
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness to travel and be on-site at customer locations
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in business communication and presentation
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Working in an international environment with clients across the board, as a part of a unique and dynamic environment
- A chance to work from home with flexible hours, depending on your preference – this role can be either home or office-based, with periodic international travel opportunities (meetings, training, conferences, …)
- A competitive financial package based on your experience and performance
In HAProxy Technologies, we value grit, intelligence and an ability to work both independently and as a part of a community. If you believe you could be a great fit for our Senior Pre-Sales Engineer, hit APPLY.