HAProxy Technologies is the company behind HAProxy, the world’s fastest and most widely-used software load balancer. Organizations rapidly deploy HAProxy products to deliver websites and applications with the utmost performance, observability and security at any scale and in any environment. HAProxy Technologies is headquartered in Waltham, MA, with multiple offices across the US and Europe.
What you will do in this role:
The Assistant Controller’s primary role will be full-cycles accounting including preparing and consolidating financial statements, managing month-end analysis, and managing all aspects of the general ledger.
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of financial performance of the company and other group entities.
- Preparing and analyzing internal forecasting, budgeting reports and financial statements.
- Maintaining accounting records and reconciling accounts.
- Ensure timely closing on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational analyses as required by Management.
- Compile multi-company accrual and cash based reports as required by Management.
- Managing day-to-day financial activities; oversee AR and AP management for cash flow efficiency.
- Assistance with filing sales tax with applicable states.
- Assisting in sales tax research projects.
- Strength in GAAP accounting rules.
- Ensure all regulatory and tax filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform other impromptu strategic and operational projects as required.
What you will bring to this role:
- University degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years experience as a Assistant Controller, Senior Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of full accounting cycle (you will be responsible for its review).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong business analytical skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and attention to details & deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to easily flow with changes to priorities and projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance organization.
- CPA or equivalent designation an asset.
- Knowledge of European IFRS accounting method and or the ability to learn is strongly preferred.
About The Team
We’re a unique collection of talented and passionate people with a shared vision of simplifying the complexity of modern application architectures. In order to meet our ambitious goals, we are searching for a Controller to join our Operations team who has a strong technical accounting aptitude and is enthusiastic about contributing to a small and growing team. We are looking for eager individuals to join our team!
This is a full-time, remote role for candidates located in the United States.
Wherever you are located, we put our employees and their families first by offering top of the line health and wellness coverage.
Being on the cutting edge of technology, employees have great opportunities to upskill and learn a vast array of technologies. Our goal is to promote your professional development and help you progress along one of our multiple career paths.